Monday, December 28, 2009

nom nom nom nom

Thanks for all your replies to my last post! So I flew home last week and had a doctors appointment on Tuesday. She basically drained my band (she took 5 cc's out) and then sent me to radiology where I had to do a barrium swallow (yuck!)...

So I went back to her office after radiology and as she was attempting to bring the images up she told me that the band doesn't lay flat across the upper part of the stomach but rather a little tilted. When she pulled up my images, my band was flat... and she said that if she just looked at that image, she would think my band had slipped. She went back and looked at the very first images right when I got the band and realized that my band just naturally lies a little flat and it was probabl normal for me. So.. no slip. We decided to put back in 2 cc's ... I told her I would rather be forced to control myself than not be able to eat at all, so we were pretty conservative.

Well folks, I can eat anything I want now. It's crazy. I have no troubles.. at ALL. Coming from someone who has had nothing but troubles, this is quite crazy for me. So I need to control myself. Seriously. I can't get another fill till like spring.. so here's where I have to prove myself. Luckily, I'm trying to only focus on maintaining my weight and maybbbee losing 10-ish more pounds. I didn't go too crazy with the food over the holidays... but my body is definitely not used to this many calories and I've gained about 3 pounds. BUT that's what I expected.. and I actually expect to gain a couple more before I start leveling off or even losing.

I hope everyone had a great holiday... :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm so happy that everything is okay with your band! What a nerve wracking situation!

    ....I gained 3 pounds last week from all the goodies too :) It's totally what I pretty much expected though as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to know about the non-slip! And I totally think you can control yourself for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news!!! So happy to hear that :) Hope you had fun at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so Glad that it wasnt a slip!!!! I Know you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad everything is fine with the band and it's working okay! Good luck with the next few mths toughing things out! I think a 10 lb goal is reasonable and doable!!!

    ReplyDelete