I can't keep up with the 8 million blogs I'm following. How do you guys do it?! You miss a couple days and BAM, a thousand blogs unread. GAH! haha. I'm going to keep trying though :P
Nothing is new with me. Weight hasn't changed. Water intake hasnt changed (tsk, tsk).
There is something I wanna throw out there for everyone. Okay. So I know we're not "supposed" to drink carbonated stuff.. but forget that for a second. I can literally (literally!) only keep food down if I've had a carbonated beverage before I eat. WHY IS THIS?! Is this just a mind game that I'm playing with myself? I'm being serious. If I do not drink a carbonated beverage before I eat, I will have the most terrible time and PB at least 3 times before the meal is done. But if I drink some pop about 10-15 minutes before I start eating and continue to drink it while I eat, things stay down. Sometimes I still have some close calls at the beginning of a meal.. but it's like a painful tightness that I know will pass if I just hold on a second. And then it passes and I'm completely fine for the rest of the meal. I do NOT want to drink pop before every meal. and I don't. But it's gotten to the point that if I know I'm going somewhere in public and I need to eat, I'll drink some pop beforehand so I know I can eat. It makes no sense. I've tried it with water thinking that maybe the liquid is helping to lubricate whatever it is in there that needs lubrication.. but nope. Water doesn't work. Juice doesn't work. What the heck?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I think it may expand your opening where the food goes thru easier and faster so you wont stay full as long. I cant drink anything carbonated it hurts my tummy to do so.
ReplyDeleteHmm. I haven't heard this before, but maybe mary is right. Maybe the soda is opening the band making it easier to eat and when you don't drink the soda your still eating at the same pace without realizing it. ??
ReplyDeleteDon't know either. I can and do drink the occassional pop and so do other bandsters. I think some have problems. I would try not to drink with the meal if you can. You want the food to stay in the pouch and not "wash" it through. But I drink wine with some meals so it might not be any different. I used to always need either water or diet pepsi when I ate so now it is getting used to not drinking anything.
ReplyDeleteAs to reading blogs-I hope you are using Google Reader. Somedays I just mark everything as Read and wait for new posts. Some people choose a few to read each day. Can't always get through them all so don't feel guilty.
Hi Amanda,
ReplyDeleteI too drown in blogs...I was thinking i should cut down as my husband is a blog widower, but then instead I just add more blogs to follow.
As far as you pop problem...I think you are just too darn tight! You need some fill out if you can't eat without pb'ing. The reason the pop works is that once we swallow it the gas keeps being released from the drink and expands in our stomach causing the stomach to expand...hence more room for food...I've read some providers tell their bandits they should never drink it again as it stretches the pouch...I think you'd have to drink an awful lot each and every day for this to happen, but I think it is theoretically possible. Since my first fill I've found the gassy after-effects far too painful to even contemplate so I've stayed away from it, but I know plenty of people can still manage it.
But back to the point...you can get increased restricted without having a fill for a number of reasons, but it sounds like it's happened to you. Give your provider a call and see what they think.
I find it impossible to keep up, don't feel bad!
ReplyDeleteThe soda...must be the carbonation opening up your band, that makes sense. Maybe you are a little too tight?
It has to be the carbonation opening your band up!
ReplyDeleteSome people still have pop post-op and have no issues. Maybe ask your doc?