Monday, June 8, 2009

puke.

Food troubles are still following me. I've been puking way more than the healthy amount. But I'm trying to be really careful. On Saturday I had some soup with with only minor discomfort for a bite or two. For dinner I tried a tiny piece of pork chop and some asparagus.. except I did a no-no and tried to eat the asparagus first (protein first, always!) ... but I just love asparagus so much, hah. I didn't eat any of the pork chop. And I puked up the asparagus (one of my least favorite things to puke up, btw). Yesterday I had two bites of yogurt, a salad for lunch (took me about 45 min to eat) and half of piece of pizza for dinner. No puking! Yay! No puking today either so far either.. I haven't even been tight today. It IS that time of month (starting last night)... so maybe my band will loosen up a little now. *fingers crossed*

For those who asked.. I had my surgery in Minnesota.. where I grew up and was living at the time. I have since moved to Michigan. There really is only one band filling center where I live here.. and they're not very keen to take new patients if they haven't had the band for at least a year.. and when I moved to Michigan, I had only had the band for a little over a month. (It was a year in mid-April). Plus, I have since had to change insurance companies.. and this new insurance doesn't cover 'pre-existing conditions', lol. So I have to pay out of pocket for my fills. Fills here are over $300. Fills at my clinic in MN are $55. So I schedule my visits around visits home to my family. It's been working okay so far. :)

A little scale talk -- I neverrrr weighed myself when I before the band. Ever. So... really, I have no idea what I weighed throughout high school or before. I do know that I now fit into shorts I wore when I was 16. I know I weigh less now than I did throughout all of college. And I'm pretty sure I'm close to weighing less than I did when I started high school. I guess the only way to tell would be to look at medical records or something.. I'm not too concerned. It's kind of neat though...

2 comments:

  1. do you know who you remind me of in that picture? do you watch america's next top model? well, if not you can google it. You look like the runner-up Allison. Same big eyes.

    Also, i have this pair of shorts I have owned since high school, junior year...so they are eleven years old. I bought them for cheerleading. They are pretty basic cotton shorts, but i still have them and they now fit comfy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that you can fit into the shorts!!! I have these 2 shirts that I bought last year that I couldnt fit into but bought them because they were cute and on sale and now I can fit into them!!!!

    ReplyDelete