Wednesday, June 3, 2009

fill + food = ouch.

I'm back from a two week hiatus (to South Carolina and Minnesota). In MN, I went for a visit to the doctor. I swear, I'm soooo sensitive to fills it's ridiculous. In Feb I got an unfill because I could barely eat. It's hard for me because I live 10 hrs away from my doctor.. So, she took out 1 cc in Feb and I could eat pretty okay for the first time in forever. (Bring on the bread! ... yeah, it wasn't good). Somewhere in that time period (from Feb - May) I started getting tight again when I ate. I'm not sure why.. I didn't get another fill. I didn't do anything differently. Maybe it was stress, who knows. I started to get tight but I did not start getting FULL. I wanted to eat all the time. So.. I went home for a visit last week and stopped at the doctors. She decided to put in half of what she took out.. thinking that was a nice compromise. Holy tightness. I can't eat ANYTHING. Forget about eating in the morning.. I can barely keep a shake down. It gets a little better in the afternoon. I'm not sure what to do about this.

On the plus side, I'm seeing the scale move a bit. I'm back down to where I was in Feb (I had a total gain of 5 lbs from Feb- May, which isn't all that bad... considering). It's going to be a struggle to get in the proper nutrients if I keep having troubles like this. I've never really had an easy time eating with the band at any stage.. it's always been really, really hard. But I wouldn't change it. It's done amazing thing.

End goal: lose 40 more lbs.
Ideal goal: lose 50.

No timeline.

3 comments:

  1. Eek that sounds scary. How long ago was the fill? I'm redic tight the day or two after, then loosen up... Hopefully that'll happen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only gotten 1 fill so far and Ive felt NOTHING! I hope That I get something soon with this next fill on July 1st...how many fills have you had?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you live now that you have to travel so far?? Scary stuff being so far from the doctor! Good luck.. I'm with Mary and have just had 2 fills and not yet felt anything.

    ReplyDelete