I am not a runner. But I WANT to be. I want to run and run and run. Sometimes I have dreams where I'm running and I don't get out of breath or feel like my lungs are going to explode, and it's amazing. I think it's my life goal to run a marathon. Maybe first I should accomplish running around the block? Whatever. I'm thinking I should start that Couch to 5k program again. I wish I was disciplined.
In other news, I absolutely LOVE rollerblading. I used to love it as a kid and when I moved to Michigan (MUCH more blading friendly), I tried it again. That was last summer and I sucked at it. And after like a block, it hurt my mid-lower back a ton and it hurt my feet to the point of being painfully numb. Well, I tried it again a this past weekend.. no pain and it was amazing. Love love love it! I got my bearings for about 20 min and then I went back and got my dog. What a great work out for us both. And she was so good! So that makes me pretty happy. It's hard to find something active that I will continue to do. I love almost everything active.. but I never want to do it enough to actually.. come home after a long day and do it. Too bad it's now almost October and I only have about a month to rollerblade.
It's that time of month for me, folks.. so I still haven't reached my 100 lb lost goal. But that's okay.. it's coming. I've figured out a pattern with my weight loss. So.. I'll weigh a certain amount for a couple weeks without it changing but +/- 1 lb. Then all of a sudden, within a week I'll lost 5-7 lbs. Then the next week I'll gain 1-2 lbs. The week after that I get my period (I don't weigh myself the whole week of that). Then it starts over. Really weird.
I've only just now noticed this because this is probably the first time in my life where I am getting my period on a consistant basis. I usually only get my period about 3 times a year... and now I'm finally getting it every month like I should. I'm not sure whether to happy about that or... ? haha.
Well, that's all that's new with me I guess. Looking forward to this weekend ... spending it in Chicago! I hope I can eat SOMETHING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Have fun in Chicago!
ReplyDeleteFor some strange reason I think we all have those cycles of weird weight loss and no weight loss. There have to be studies on it. But it just goes to prove that there is more to the "calories in, calories out" theory!
I used to love rollerblading with my dog. Except when he would stop all of a sudden to pee, and I would go flying....ahh....good times.
I want to be a runner someday too!
I want to be an effortless runner someday, too!
ReplyDeleteI've been looking at the Coach to 5K program...I think Sunday I might start. Scratch that-Sunday, I WILL start!
Glad you've latched onto rollerblading! When you find something you like to do, it doesn't seem so much like exercising. :)
ReplyDeleteI sooooooo what to run as well!!! :o)
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about getting some rollerblades too when I was at Walmart tht other night and I was like Ill have to see about that. I think Im going to go back and get some because I know it would be great exersize!
I cant wait until I hit my 100lbs mark! that will also be my ONEDERLAND mark as well! :o) Im getting my Nose Pierced for a present to myself when I hit that goal!
Ohhh Chicago is lovely, it's only a couple hours from me so I've been several times! Great shopping!! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteYou might actually like rollerblading enough to come home and do it after work! They say you gotta find the right exercise for you. Awesome loss! I am happy you are doing so well.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to tell you that you are a real inspiration to me. First off, you look amazing... awesome job with the weightloss... and you also impress me with your rollerblading. I am also from Michigan.. and know how hard it is to get motivated to do outdoor things. Yeah for you!!
ReplyDelete