I've never mastered eating right
Distracted by the skin I wear
And I'm alive in here somewhere
Cause I can feel me twisting
Long absence... again. I started grad school this week. I wasn't excited or nervous. I actually dreaded it. I'm the girl that loved high school and hated college. I can't wrap my head around the costs of going to school; it's ridiculous. Luckily, I have a fellowship that is paying me a monthly stipend and also paying 2/3 of my tuition. I'm still working at my other job as well. I'm going to make more money my first year of grad school than I ever have in my life.. but I'm still stressed. and busy. Grrr!
I love reading all of your blogs and I apologize once again for not commenting like I should.. Mostly I read them when I'm supposed to be doing something else at work. (shh!).
I'm a pound away for losing 100 lbs. I started this journey at 263.. crazy. People, my mom especially, ask me how I "feel" all the time. "Do you feel different?" .. "you must feel so much better!" .. and really, I don't feel any different. It's such a gradual process.. sometimes I don't even notice. I'm definitely not as self-conscious as I used to be.. and god knows I can find clothes more easily. But I can't say things like.. oh, yeah.. i don't have achy joints anymore.. or something like that. I never had that to begin with. I will say though that I cannot imagine putting on a body suit that weighs 100 lbs and wearing it around all day, every day. I had no idea at the time how much work it was just to walk around with that extra weight. I never thought I'd be within 20 pounds of goal.
Something happened to me last week that kind of made me realize how far I have come. If you recall, I was running out of wearable clothes and it was becoming an issue. A coworker of mine, who I have always viewed as average/thin said that she had a couple pants that she was going to part with. She gave them to me.. and they FIT. I think that kind of forced my brain to realize that, hey, I'm the same size as this girl who I view as completely average. Crazy.
I hope you all are doing absolutely wonderful. Making right choices, drinking water.. and, most importantly, having fun. :D


I get that question all the time as well, and I understand what you are saying. It is gradual, and bc of that...for me...it is easy to forget how bad it was when I started. Now at 327, my back did hurt if I walked very far, and I got winded pretty easily...so that has changed...but sometimes it is hard to give people the answer they are looking for when they ask that question!
ReplyDeleteI'm usually sneaking my blog reading at work which is why I don't get to comment very often.
ReplyDeleteI've been lacking in the fun dept. lately - I'm going to have to work on that.
Can't wait to see you reach that -100 milestone. You are an inspiration.