Thursday, August 20, 2009

clothes. argh.

I've been reading today a little about the dilemma's of clothing. I remember when my dilemma used to be that I couldn't fit into any clothes and I refused to go shopping for more. I remember when I finally did go shopping, being discourage after trying on one pair because they didn't fit and I refused to try on anything bigger than a 20.

So in remembering that I am reminded about how I should so not be frustrated with my current situation.. and I'm not. I'm just observing. When I started my job last year, I bought enough 'casual business' clothes to hold me over. Most were a little tight when I got them. At the time, I bought a size 14 pair of pants that were too tight but I could still wear them. I'm wearing those pants today. They're kind of loose but the only work pants that actually fit me now. I'm thinking I'm comfortably a size 12 right now (I have a couple size 12 jeans.. haven't tried on pants in awhile). All of my other pants (mind you, I only have about 3-4 other work pants) are way too large. I cannot wear the pants I'm wearing today 4 days a week (casual Fridays, holla!). I don't mind shopping like I used to.. I even enjoy it a little now. But I can't afford a new change of wardrobe every season. grrrr. But I need new pants, lol.

It's strange to me.. when I first started it took me losing about 50 pounds to change a size in pants. Now I think every 5-10 pounds is a new size. I guess I should be glad for it! :D Pretty sure I can't go much longer without a couple new pants though lol.

3 comments:

  1. I know what ya mean girl Im in the same situation LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya, 100%. I also totally get that whole need to lose 50 to go down one pants size... still feeling that one really. ICK! Hope it changes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda- I found your blog through one of my followers. Congrats on your amazing loss and I have to say that I was LOL when I read your bit about losing almost 50 lbs to actually go down one pan size. It took me 30 lbs..what is up with that ??!! The sizes go up sooo easily but not so much on the way down !! LOL

    ReplyDelete