I've been not feeling my best for the past couple of weeks but I'm finally starting to feel more like myself. My girlfriend and I have started to jump back on the wagon (I had previously dove head first off the wagon and made a lame attempt to catch up.. which didn't work). We're focusing on making our meals at home more often and planning what we're going to make before dinner time comes around and we're saying.. "oh... well, can't thaw that out in time. where should we go?" We also got a lot of fresh veggies and have been working on me taking them to work with me daily.. It feels good to eat properly! Imagine that..
Halloween potluck at work today! I hope I can eat well! And by "well", I just mean I hope I don't puke up everything :D
The other day I hopped on the scale in the morning and it read 159.5... !!! I kid you not. I've never seen that number on a scale before. I know that shortly after I turned 13, I went to the doctor and they put my weight down as 173. So whoooo knows the last time I weighed 159.5. I was always discouraged when I was at my highest weight because losing 5, 10, even 15 pounds... didn't seem to make a difference at all in my appearance (I know now that any weight lost is great!) ... but now I'm reallllly noticing changes in my clothes and body losing 1-2 lbs. Clothes that fit at the beginning of the week don't quite fit that well at the end of the week. It's strange. When I first started out, I lost a ton of weight but felt like I wasn't losing anything because I was wearing the same clothes that seemed to fit the same. Now I'm not losing big numbers like before but I can see changes... I'm not sure which is more encouraging, but it makes me feel good. :)
With the holidays coming up, we all have to stay on track somehow! I did it last year.. I know I can do it again this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


you would think since i do all the grocery shopping that i could plan meals that were easy and healthy. but alas, we get in the rut of cook one night, eat out one night, have canned ravioli the next night ....
ReplyDeletesounds like you and your gf need to come shop for me and my husband!
congrats on getting into a weight you have never known before.
You're definitely not the first to say this about the clothing sizes so that's encouraging :) I can't wait to get to that point! People still tell me I look like I've lost more weight even though I haven't really so something's changing in this old body!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your awesome success!!!!