Friday, April 16, 2010
B.O.O.B.S
I think we all know that I'm a pretty horrible blogger, ahah. I mean, don't deny it. I disappear for months at a time .. I hardly comment, and I basically just suck at it. To my credit, I've warned you from the beginning. But I definitely READ and take in what everyone is saying. I follow Amy's postings religiously.. I know what's going on in the blog universe for the most part. So it comes as really no surprise that when I heard about the BOOBS convention in Chicago that I was like "seriously?! That's soooo cooooool!" .. because, to me, I know you all. Here's the thing. You don't all know me. I don't talk to any of you outside reading your blogs.. so even though I feel like I know you and I feel like we're friends.. we're kinda not. I mean, we definitely could be.. but we're not. And because *I* don't blog as often or as well as other people, you definitely probably don't feel like you know me. So I argued with myself over whether or not I could even go to something like this - even after it was made clear that everyone was invited, lol. So then I started thinking.. well, I probably won't go. Then I thought.. wait. I need to see what Drazil looks like. Then I thought... but ahhh, no one knows me. But you know what -- at the end of the day, I'm pretty sick of the fact that I have let my weight hold me back from TONS of social situations in the past. So, tentatively, I'm in. Chicago is only a 2.5 hour drive from where I live in Michigan. and hey, I have 5 months to make friends before I get there ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yay! Yay! Yay!!! Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteyay! and helloooo we're already facebook friends!
ReplyDeleteYou live so close, you have no excuse to not go! None. And, few of us have a face to face "real life" connection, so we'll all be new to each other in that respect. I don't think you'll be at any disadvantage whatsoever, AND you might have fun...
ReplyDeleteYES COME!!!! YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteAmanda, I am in Michigan too. Grace who is part of the organization committee is too. We were talking about organizing a Michigan group to help cut down on travel costs. We were maybe thinking of taking the train so we didn't have to pay the $40/day for parking. I am guessing you must be around the Kalamazoo area if you are two and a half hours away and if I am not mistaken the train goes right through there. Would you be intersted in joining us?
ReplyDeleteAngie - woohoo for facebook!
ReplyDeleteBand-babe - I know, I knowwww. no excuses.
TJ - Yes! I would way rather take the train than drive myself. Count me in! And you're right.. I'm in Kalamazoo :D
Looking forward to meeting you!
ReplyDelete