Thursday, August 13, 2009

10 year low [soon-to-be]

Don't you hate it when you get on the scale to an all-time low number and you can't record it because it isn't your official weigh in day?? Haha. My luck, I'll be back to where I started by weigh-in day.

My mom keeps a bunch of my medical records from when I was a kid in this filing cabinet at home. I asked her to look through it for me because I have no idea what my weight has been for the majority of my life. I was always afraid of the scale. I would tell the doctor not to tell me what it was. So. My mom reports back. On February of 1999 (two months after I turned 13) I went to the doctor and weighed in at 166 lbs. Today, I weighed 167.5 (**not official**). I am 23 years old. I have not weighed 166 lbs since I was 13. Ten years, for those of you who don't want to do that math. and I'm almost there.

I don't want this blog to only be about my weight loss. I want it to be about my life in general too. I'm just not very good at thinking of things to say, lol. I'll ponder that for awhile.

PS - I was looking through some weight-loss blogs today (I look at people you follow, see who they follow and so on and so forth. TONS of blogs out there!) ... and I read about a girl who has lost a lot of weight (about 100 lbs) in two years by doing weight watchers and working out etc; no surgery. I think that's great, don't get me wrong. and I was excited to read her blog. Then I read the 'beginning' about how she went to a weightloss surgery seminar and knew it wasn't for her because there's no way she was going to chew up her food until it was liquid just to be able to eat (I commend that, nothing wrong with realizing it's not the option for you) .. she proceeds to state how she started doing it on her own and felt great; that she didn't need a quick-fix surgery, among other things. This is where I was put off. Anyone who says that surgery is a quick fix obviously hasn't had one. I think it's totally great that she lost the weight... and I would have thought that no matter how she lost it. I feel like she wouldn't feel the same about me.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you changed your blog profile picture! The new one shows your face better :) I totally hear you on the "not official" yet bc it isnt weigh in day. I will say I do change my ticker if it goes down, but I dont record it in my real wl journal until mondays (my day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the new Picture!!!!! I want to see some before and during pics of you!! I weigh in every other day but only record it on Tuesdays. That is awesome that you are down to 167!!! Im at 225, almost to Onderland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only record my weight on Fridays so I hear ya!! Sucks completely. I need to lose some mad weight overnight to be less than last week too, lol.

    I'm in the same 10 year boat as you... (only add 3 more years cuz I'm 26). I haven't weighed what I weigh now since 6th or 7th grade! I remember weighing 180 the summer after 5th grade. Sad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - I only record on Tuesdays too! how did you pick that day?

    Tiffani - smart.. record your weight right before the weekend, lol.

    Amy - sometimes I forget to change my ticker all together. but most of the time when I do, I base it off my low. I will say though.. I don't change it back if I gain weight. I just wait till I lose it, lol.

    thanks for the comments on my pics.. i'll try to get some more. not a big picture fan, lol

    ReplyDelete